Camp Arena Stage offers a limited number of need-based scholarships for the 4-Week Intensive.
- 2013 Scholarship Application available as of December 15, 2012
- Attach proof of need.
- Submit a scholarship recommendation form to your child’s teacher.
- Return all materials to Camp Arena Stage. All materials must be received by March 8, 2013 for review.
- Applicants will be notified on March 29, 2013.
- Applicants must accept or decline their scholarship in writing by April 8, 2013.
- Applicants on the waiting list will be notified of their final status on April 15, 2013.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the application.
- Click here to download the reader.
- March 8, 2013
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarships are intended for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 15 as of July 1, 2013.
Applicants must reside and attend school in the DC Metro area within the Capital Beltway. Preference is given to those applicants who reside in the District of Columbia and attend DC Public Schools.
Applicants must be able to attend the full four weeks of camp. No exceptions are made for vacations, summer school or other summer programs. Scholarships are not available for the 2-Week Session.
- All applicants are required to contribute a minimum of $100 per camper ($25/week). If your child receives and accepts a scholarship, this amount must be mailed to Camp Arena Stage as a nonrefundable deposit. We have very limited funds. Please ask for only as much assistance as you need, so as many young people as possible can benefit from these scholarships. Full camp tuition is $1,700.
- Scholarships cover only the regular camp day – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Fees for early drop off and extended day care are not covered by the scholarship.
Complete Applications & Deadlines
The Camp Arena Stage scholarship board will only consider complete applications received on or before the March 8, 2013 deadline.
Proof of Need & Income Guidelines
Applicants must demonstrate financial need in the form of either
An official letter from the applicant’s
school stating he/she qualifies for free or reduced lunch.
A completed 2012 tax return with the applicant listed as a dependent. W-2’s will not be accepted.
A letter explaining extenuating circumstances not represented in documentation (e.g. medical expenses) may be included in addition to one of the above proofs of need.
Camp Arena Stage defines need using the federal income eligibility guidelines for free and reduced lunch. In 2008/2009, these are:
- One dependent
- combined household income of $20,000 or less annually
- Two dependents
- combined household income of $27,000 or less annually
- Three dependents
- combined household income of $34,000 or less annually.